Are you excited by intellectual challenges?
Are you a consummate problem solver?
Are you a customer-focused IT professional?
Are you interested in a challenging career with a rising software leader?
Then Carleton Technologies wants to hear from you!
What We Do
Carleton Technologies is the national leader in for-campus point of sale solutions, serving many of Canada’s leading colleges and universities. Our applications are found across the country—from British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador.
Carleton Technologies recently developed the FastLane solution for retail establishments—a powerful POS package built on 25 years of industry experience and that gives business owner’s unparalleled control over their business environment.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Software Developer
We are currently seeking multiple developers to design, develop, test, document, and maintain e-commerce, Point-of-Sale, and business applications. We are looking for someone who is experienced in a Linux environment and can independently set up test environments and troubleshoot problems.
- Design, develop, debug, test, and document (technical) applications.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and fix reported issues with existing applications.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to other developers.
- Provide assistance to the support team by troubleshooting and identifying issues in the production environment.
Skills & Experience
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge retention
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- 2+ years developing software
- Experience with the Linux command line and Linux operating system
- Experience developing software in Python, PHP, and/or C++
- Experience with source control
- 2+ Years of experience with SQL
- Experience with the Qt Python & C++ framework is a valuable asset
- Proven track record of working with minimal project supervision
About Carleton Technologies
If you are looking to make a big difference on a small team, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
PHP Full Stack Developer
Technologies We Use
We also use Linux on our servers and dedicated touch screen Point of Sale devices. We use Linux on the desktop in house, but target Windows and Mac OSX desktops when deploying our desktop application. We use C++ and the Qt framework for client/server desktop application development and Python for touch screen Point of Sale applications.
Who we are
CTI currently has 8 staff; you will be joining a development team of 4. We build on years of existing technology, so being able to read existing source code to get up to speed quickly is essential. Our software is tightly integrated: you must be able to understand how our technologies work, and have strong communication skills to enable you to work efficiently with other team members. We are a flexible team, able to change tasks frequently. Our team is versatile and willing to learn all aspects of our products to help support our customers.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a generalist. Someone who can refactor existing PHP code, fix bugs, and add features. Someone who can write new object-oriented PHP following best practises. Someone who can setup a testing environments, duplicate an issues, and resolve them. In time, your duties will expand to high level technical support on the various projects that you have worked on. As well, you will become a part of the software project planning and decision-making process.
- Strong communication skills
- Quick learner, ability to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Problem solving
- Prior experience with HTML and CSS
- Prior experience with PHP and any Web Development Framework
- Prior experience with SQL
- Prior experience with the Linux command line
- Experience with Python, C++, or the Qt framework
- Experience with other software frameworks
- An understanding of good software security practices
- An ability to work from a spec or API
- An interest in technology, specifically open source technology
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python
About Carleton Technologies
Carleton Technologies creates and supports industry-leading integrated inventory management, Point of Sale, and e-commerce technologies for college and university retailers. Our products enable our customers to streamline operations, speed up and simplify their Point of Sale, and expand their reach through integrated ecommerce applications.